9.24.2005

My New Job

So it's official: I am the latest member of the Wicked Café on Vancouver's west side. I worked a 4.5 hour shift today. No bar. I didn't even want to go near that thing. Yet. Brad (the owner) is installing the new La Marzocco GB5 on Wednesday night, so it's going to be fun then!

No, my tasks today involved making a lot of sandwiches (more than I would at Thistle's on a busy day) - and they are good looking sandwiches! Artisan bread, quality meats and other ingredients that make them just that much better than pretty much anything available on the Calgary market (I can think of a few exceptions). Yeah. Cool stuff. I washed a lot of dishes too. My hands didn't like that, but honestly, I don't mind doing dishes.

The place was hopping today. In fact, I'm pretty sure this place did more business in my 4 hours today then I would have seen in a couple of weeks... and that's not much of an exaggeration, if at all. I guess it's just the Vancouver market (especially this one). Everybody was drinking lattes or americanos, with the occasional espresso or cappa. Oh yeah, a cool thing about Wicked is they only do a traditional cappa - 5-6 oz in a ceramic cup. I like that.

Anyways, I'm back there on Tuesday night, where I shall be trained some more. I need it. Today went by lightning fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home