5.18.2006

I'm Still Alive

I am kicking around Calgary still... but not blogging. I haven't had all that much to talk about (at least that which I feel like talking about).

I've started a tasting journal in the past few days. My idea is too keep all kinds of notes and entries on all kinds of food and drink related things. Writing things down in something like that allows my mind to focus more on the task at hand and not worry about producing content for an audience. Hopefully, this medium will allow me to develop my confidence at things like cupping and critical wine or beer tastings.

I'm also in search for ingredients in a signature drink for espresso. What this drink will be is nowhere near decided. But, seeing as how the Cookbook Company Cooks is a few blocks from work I will likely be spending a bit of time there exploring all the goodies offered there. My idea is go join the bandwagon on trying to emphasize a particular trait of the espresso I'm working with. I'm also going to try to keep the drink small and powerful... we'll see what my non-creative mind can come up with!

(Random music news: I'll be going to see Chad Vangaalen on Saturday!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Howse said...

nice music news! that guy is awsome!!! have fun...

14:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home