6.08.2006

Work

Well, I have been given the green light to mention where I work in Calgary. I am a barista at what I believe is one of the few places in Calgary where it is possible to get a true espresso, Bumpy's Cafe on 8th Street SW between 10th and 11th Avenues. I work full time, so it's pretty easy to catch me at work. I'm getting quite confident with the machine and beans (Big Mountain), so feel free to ask for an espresso from me. Email me if you have any more questions about what I'm up to, but this will be my home base until the end of August. I hope to see some of my readers in the shop!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Howse said...

If I had the plane ticket I'd definately come for a shot.

Someday...

09:17  
Blogger Shaun said...

If I was downtown in need of an espresso and knew you were working Peter, I would run, not walk, to grab a shot from you.

But sadly, I don't make it downtown too often, and anyway I'm quite pleased with what I'm pulling at home (the new roaster is working out sooooo well). Even my latte art is starting to improve (again, thx for your help) drop by my blog to see a wobbly rosetta. ;-)

I will make an effort to swing by, is there a time of day when its ok to be an espresso snob?

21:32  
Blogger Peter said...

Yeah, I don't blame you if you have a Hottop Shaun. The best time of the day is probably catch me between 11 and 12 in the morning (usually it dies out then) or around 3-4:30 in the afternoon. We're always kind of busy, whether cleaning or dealing with customers, but I can probably spare a bit of time.

21:44  
Blogger Shaun said...

Thx Peter, I will try this week.

00:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was coming back from vacation in Banff and longing for a good cappa when I read this post. We ran out of time before we could find Bumpy's, had to catch a plane, but it was a tough call. My hometown is a total coffee wasteland, so finally seeing real latte art might have been worth it.

12:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to hear you're working somewhere that's "doing it right".
i may be in calgary sometime in the summer, i'll be sure to drop by for a quality ristretto.

07:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home