2.02.2006

Spring is coming...


It was a beautiful day today. The wind was a bit chilly, but I was still able to get out for a ride in a long sleeve jersey and shorts. Not bad for February 2nd. This is a pic from Locarno Beach on the south side of Burrard Inlet, looking out over North and West Vancouver.

Coffee news is good. After watching the Advanced Barista Techniques with Extreme Pour Latte Art, I left thinking I could easily pick all of that up with a bit of practice. The techniques for me weren't advanced (though compared to your random barista, they would seem so)... but some of the pours that Deferio made were pretty sweet. I'm working on my multi art, though I might just stop and practice getting consistent with the standard rosetta (I want big Victrola leaves!).

Here's a couple of multi-art attempts. In my books, they're alright, and I know the basics of what I did wrong. Keep in mind these are some of my first attempts...


I am going to be in the States for a few days starting the 13th. I've got a few hours in Seattle before catching a flight to Oakland to visit my good friend Jon in San Francisco. The price on the flight was very good, and I'll still be able to drink espresso at Victrola and Vivace (I get in at 12:30PM and my flight from Sea-Tac is at 7:20).

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

I agree... I almost choked when I saw the first tamp that the host did, and it was off level as he was saying something about how it should be level. It was disappointing to see when these guys really do/should know their stuff. The length of the thing (hence, glossed over) was pretty disappointing too.

17:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats a roast day for us at Victrola so you'll find me in the back roasting... stop in and say hi!

18:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home