1.06.2006

Back on the coast

So I didn't have much to say recently. I was busy finishing things up in Calgary where I was only drinking the tail end of the Intelligentsia and Hines that I brought. I've been back in Vancouver though for a few days, only to get my blood levels of caffeine right back up to where they should be.

I've been thinking a bit about why Vancouver seems like a more appealing city to live in, for me anyways, as compared to Calgary. First, there's the climate, which is way better. There aren't many days you can walk out in short sleeves in Calgary, despite a strong chinook from time to time. Then there's the amenities. You can have world class espresso in Vancouver, you sure can't in Calgary. The food scene is (arguably) better, and I find it to be more accessible here too. There are concerts in Vancouver all the time, but you will be strapped to find good ones on a regular basis in Calgary.

This was all sparked by a short discussion with one of our regulars who said she would rather be in Calgary than Vancouver for her degree, as she liked it more. It was then said that she would vote conservative if made to vote. Interesting... maybe Calgary is a magnet city for the more conservative people out there, whereas Vancouver is a magnet city for left-leaning folks like me.

Anyways, coffee! Shaun, a coffee friend from Calgary is visiting with his family this weekend, and will hopefully be dropping by the café on Sunday morning on their way out to Tsawwassen for the ferry to the island. I'm looking forward to tuning the Black Cat for him.

Well, I have an evening ahead of me. Off to the pub for some brew.

I'll have more coffee focussed news in the days ahead, I hope.

But here's some caffeine for you:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home