12.12.2005

I am awash

Yes, I am awash in good coffee at the moment. In fact, this may be the first time I have had so much superior coffee in my life. I'm pressing at this very moment a natural process Ethiopia Sidamo from Hines. It smells incredible. And it tastes incredible. I have seen tasting notes on this coffee around from the poetic types, and it does live up to it's strawberry characteristics, though I am slightly hesitant on the neapolitan ice cream tag. I find it has a spicey aroma, nutmeg being quite present, and this carries through in the taste profile. The Sidamo reminds me of Christmas, with that warm spiciness. Oh, wait, this neapolitan is starting to come through as the cup cools! Wow! The finish is nice, long and smooth, with all of the notes just tapering off gently.

It will be tough being in Calgary, without a third wave shop to frequent. But I'll have a couple pounds of either Intelly or Hines to keep me and my family satisfied for the two weeks.

I've started Christmas shopping. I'm stumped as to what to get the females in my family. My brother's gift has been acquired, and I am admittedly jealous of what he's getting from me. I want it.

Oh well. Tonight is the night I will break out the Rochefort Trappiste 8 which I have been saving for no particular occasion. I've got some Bleu de Basques and some croccantini from Les Amis Du Fromage in Kitsilano to accompany the beer. The little bits I've snuck from my wedge of the cheese are very, very nice.

That's all for today's news. Geology exam tomorrow morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Ack! Spoiler! I'm pretty sure if the notes I saw didn't exist, I wouldn't have noticed...

03:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When do you return to the big C?

10:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home