12.22.2005

Back in Calgary

I've finished my first term at university, and I've managed pretty good marks considering I've been working upwards of 20 hours a week at the café alongside a full course load. I'm still waiting on my physics grade, but other than that, it's looking pretty good. I scraped through Math 102 - Differential Calculus with Applications to the Life Sciences, an incredibly difficult course that I was actually afraid of failing. I got a B-, not too shabby if I may say so myself considering a B average is all that's needed for scholarship consideration, and I've got an A- as it sits now.

To stave off the lack of good quality fresh coffee in Calgary I brought back a fair bit of Hines and Intelligentsia for myself and others. My assortment includes Intelly Cruz del Sur and La Planada Tres Santos as well as Hines Carmen Panama and the Oromia Ethiopia Sidamo. They've all held up nicely and are very, very enjoyable coffees.

I've yet to get out really in the city so far, but all I do know is that I am not enjoying the suburban life. There's nothing going on, nowhere to go and I'm bored. Oh well, I think I'm headed to downtown today.

I probably won't be blogging much here, since I don't have a dedicated internet hookup and I have to steal the ethernet cable from the family's desktop. But, it is the holidays. To all my readers, friends and random google visitors, I wish everyone a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah or your choice of holiday. I hope everyone's out there, drinking a quality beverage of sorts. I know for Christmas evening, I've got a bottle of Koningshoeven Trappist Quadrupel waiting for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great Christmas Peter! You're only missing out on the new Tres Santos Microlot and the Yergacheffe IMV. Heh heh heh...

22:19  
Blogger Shaun said...

Peter, great to see you again and swap a couple of stories. Also, thanks for the beans hopefully the Brewtus II will be in before you leave, I got confirmation it left WLL yesterday.

11:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home