12.27.2005

Visiting/Visitors

What do you do when you visit somebody's house and you find out that your reputation as a "coffee expert" has preceded you? Everybody was hesitant to serve me coffee at the few places we visited over the holidays. I tell them if I ask for it, I can't complain, and I won't. Have I been disappointed yet? No! Everyone seems to be using smaller roastery beans (well, for Calgary), and I don't think anyone had preground. The only thing I am finding is that most cups aren't complex. But that makes sense, none of the coffee used is very fresh, nor ground properly, but I haven't had a bad cup (all drunk black). Even so, I try to add a few comments of places for improvement while praising what they're doing right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shaun said...

Glad both you and Zita dropped in on the cafe's last day. Also happy to serve you the shot of Black Cat off the Brewtus II on your b-day. If you want another shot of the Malabar Gold before you leave town let me know.

I have been drinking the Panamanian and Guatemalan all morning, both much more refined and delicate than I had anticipated; still great coffees.

All the best in the new year ahead.

11:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home