8.25.2006

Finished

Today I finished my nearly four month stint as a barista at Bumpy's Cafe. This was really my first time working full time in a high-volume cafe and it seemed to work well. I'm pretty sure I could go head-to-head with a La Marzocco Swift and be pretty close in speed and consistency even though I would be fully manual. I head back to Vancouver in a week to start school and tentatively start another stretch as a barista too!

In other news, everyone should pick up Chad VanGaalen's new album, Skelliconnection. It's out on Flemish Eye in Canada and Sub Pop in the States. His music emerges from his Calgary basement studio on a wide variety of instruments, some homemade, and all played by himself. I cannot get enough of any of his releases. (I even got the special pre-order low run EP with hand drawn art by Chad himself.) Here's his video for his opening track (self-animated too!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Peter. I'm going to miss your wicked Barista skills. Hope Vancovuer treats you well!

23:07  
Blogger Shaun said...

C'mon Peter, give us an update.

11:04  
Blogger Jonathan Howse said...

same here.

I read you blog daily. Before I read the newspaper. Sometimes before breakfast.

06:27  
Blogger Peter said...

You guys should really get a life... it's just coffee.

Alright, so I'm kidding. I'll post after I shower and eat breakfast.

08:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home